I am a Psychologist practicing in Portland, Oregon. My practice includes working with survivors of brain injury and their families, chronic pain management and what I call the more traditional psychological concerns. Previous experience includes: 30 years in private practice; supervision and training of clinicians in a Naturopathic Medical School and Allopathic Family Practice Residency Training Program, treating pain patients in several pain management programs and acting as Clinical Director at a Samaritan Center. Recent settings include creating a Behavioral Health integration program at a federally funded family medical clinic and working as a Psychologist at a ‘cutting edge’ rural mental health center (focusing on traumatic brain injury and chronic pain management). I also work with post secondary concussion syndrome and functional neurologic symptom disorder.
Traditional psychological concerns include PTSD (Posttraumatic Stress Disorder), psychological concerns as a result of a medical condition, depression, anxiety and grief to name a few.
Specialized skills include:
1) Biofeedback (Currently Available!) (heart rhythm coherence feedback training to regulate the sympathetic and parasympathetic branches of the autonomic nervous system)
2) EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
3) DBT a skill set developed by Marsha Linehan including: distress tolerance, emotional regulation, interpersonal skills and mindfulness; and
4) Imago Couples Therapy can be used when one member of the partnership has a brain injury.
5) Positive Psychology is developing and utilizing a special set of tools/skills for growth. Positive emotions are emphasized and support in moving from surviving to thriving.
Insurance Providers we currently accept:
• HealthShare (All Three Counties)
Please inquire if you have an insurance you do not see listed
(We do not currently accept CIGNA Insurance or UHC [United Health Care])
I hope this information has been helpful. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me!
Nancy Irey Holmes, PsyD
Note: Starting July 31st, 2019 the Redmond office will be permanently closed.